The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
The QCF is the Government's new framework for recognising achievement through the award of credit for units and qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
QCF qualifications are designed to be more flexible and to enable learners to achieve in smaller more manageable steps. The unit based structure makes it easier to design qualifications in response to employers' and learners' needs.
The qualifications are called either Award, Certificate or Diploma. These new terms show the size of the qualification. So for example you could have an Award at Level 3 and a Diploma at Level 1. The new titling makes the qualification easier for employers and learners to understand.
All of BHEST's current qualifications are on the QCF. All of our old-style qualifications (NVQs and VRQs) have been withdrawn, however if you were registered prior to January 2011 you will continue on the programme of study you started at that point.
For ease of reference the old qualifications and their new equivalent QCF qualifications are listed below with links to download further information.
Other QCF Qualifications
- Level 3 Award in the History, Development and Present Day Role of the Thoroughbred in the Racing and Breeding Industries
- Level 3 Award in the Role and Responsibilities of Major Organisations within the British Horseracing Industry
- Level 3 Award in the Organisation, Governance and Regulation of the British Horseracing Industry
- Level 3 Award in the Principles of Race Planning and Their Impact on British Horseracing
- Level 3 Award in the Operation of Racecourses in the Horseracing Industry
- Level 3 Award in the Structure of the Betting Industry and its Relationship with the British Horseracing Industry
- Level 3 Certificate in the Organisation and Administration of the Horseracing Industry
- Level 3 Diploma in the Organisation and Administration of the Horseracing Industry