ESTABLISHED IN 1993
TO RAISE STANDARDS
The British Horseracing Education & Standards Trust (BHEST) is a registered charity (No. 1040590) and company limited by guarantee.
Our Charitable Activities
We are responsible for the development and delivery of the Racing to School education programme at racecourses, trainers’ yards and studs across the UK, supporting children’s studies of school subjects and introducing them to horseracing as a future leisure activity or potential career path.
To raise standards in the racing and thoroughbred breeding industries through education
To help BHEST achieve its mission, the following strategic objectives set out the main targets over the next five years.
- Deliver a positive impact on young people's learning, helping them to develop their knowledge, skills, confidence and interest
- Improve young people's enthusiasm for and understanding of the horseracing industry
- Improve young people's awareness of and interest in employment opportunities with the horseracing industry
- Highlight the industry's role in driving social benefits within local communities and with opinion formers and influencers across Britiain.
- To operate as a quality employer and encourage best practice.